Friday, May 29, 2009

Why are "addictions" always bad?

This is likely to be short, but hey, it's an update...

Is it just me, or does it seem that every time someone mentions the word "addiction," the person on the other side of the conversation thinks that you have a problem? Addictions don't have to be bad!!! I have become addicted to Hillsong United's GREAT song called "Break Free." Of course, you can probably thank Matt Ammons and the Compass Band and 706 Band for their awesome renditions of it. To me, the song is the ultimate example of the worship experience. Jesus died for our sins, and salvation breaks us free of the strangehold of sin in our lives. WE SHOULD CELEBRATE THIS! If we need to get up and dance, so be it! Here's a link, feel free to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ejB2Ivyu0A

Also, Wesley and Jim have said this over and over again, but I am also addicted to changed lives! I love hearing stories of salvation. I REALLY love seeing our teenagers give their lives to Him!

Again, not a whole lot of substance, but, hey, I got my point across...

1 comment: